I watched Hannah Renee’s YouTube video where she reviewed some drugstore products, and this was the eyeshadow palette she used. Hannah created a beautiful burgundy eyeshadow look and I just had to purchase the palette. Not like I have enough burgundy palettes. So in today’s post I’m going to be sharing with you my review of this palette and a few eyeshadow looks I’ve created, enjoy!
This stunning burgundy palette comes with 12 shades, 10 shimmers and 2 mattes. It retails at £11.99 in Superdrug, view it here.
The Burgundy Eye Shadow Palette features 12 expertly curated shades for custom eye makeup looks.
1 Palette, Infinite Burgundy Nude Looks.
- Light pink champagne. A nice shimmery shade for an inner corner highlight
- Shimmery brown. Good for a brown smokey eye.
- Deep purple toned brown. Again, good for a brown smokey eye.
- A classic gold. Beautiful for a pop of shimmer on the lid.
- Champagne gold. Lovely shimmer for the lid or inner corner / brow bone highlight
- Matte light brown. A nice initial transition shade.
- Light gold. Perfect shade for the lid.
- A shimmery burgundy. My fave shade, such a beautiful colour for the lid 😍
- Deep bronze. Again, beautiful for the lid.
- Bronze / gold. Beautiful for a pop of shimmer on the lid.
- Brown / burgundy / brown. Can you tell I’m terrible at describing shades?
- A matte dark brown. Perfect to deepen the outer corner and crease.
Looking at the eyeshadow palette is so pleasing to the eye, the shade range is beautiful and I’m in love with each shade. You’ve got every lid shade possible in this palette, ranging from a light champagne to deep burgundy shades. Burgundy / red tones have to be my favourite tones on my eyes, so this palette is right up my street. It reminds me a lot of the Violet Voss Holy Grail palette.
The only downside to this palette is the ratio between matte shades and shimmer shades. There are only 2 matte shades and that isn’t enough for a burgundy eye look. The matte shades provided are good, but you need more. I find the matte shades from my Modern Renaissance do the job perfectly as they match the shimmers in the Burgundy Bar.
The pigment in this shades are unreal. As you can see from the swatches, they are so pigmented. For a drugstore palette, this is so good because some high end palettes aren’t even this pigmented.
With some shimmer shades they look pretty in the palette and swatched, but they don’t pay off on the eye. These are a different story, they are so pigmented swatched and when applied on the lid, they really pop. Also they aren’t chunky at all, some glitter shades can be very chunky but these ones aren’t at all. The shimmer in them really stands out, it isn’t flat looking on the lid.
That’s everything for this review! I hope you enjoyed reading, see you soon 😘
Have you tried this palette? What do you think?