Happy New Year!
It doesn’t feel that long ago I was writing this post for last years new year, 2018 has flown by but it’s been the best year so far. My boyfriend Connor and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary, I celebrated my 20th birthday with my best friends and so many other events that made it the best year of my life so far.
Highlights Of 2018
Brighton with Connor
In February Connor and I took a little trip to Brighton, I always wanted to visit Brighton so it was perfect to plan it for Valentine’s Day. We had the best time and it was a perfect first get away together.
We Are Festival
In May Connor and I went to our first festival and we chose We Are. I’ve been before and I loved it, so I dragged Connor along as it was a good lineup. I wore a pink sequin dress and honestly loved every minute of it.
I visited Bicester Village with Connor in the summer and also in November. Bicester is my favourite place to shop, they have such good deals and I always end up coming home with a new bag or 2.
World Cup 2018
How could I leave this out? Even if you aren’t into football (including me) I feel like everyone got in the spirit in 2018 and went mad at every game.
After We Are I really wanted to go to more festivals, so we got tickets for SW4 and Abode in the Park. Both amazing festivals and again I wore outfits I’d never usually wear so I loved it.
After visiting Scotland in 2017 I really wanted to go back to Edinburgh because I loved it. Connor and I had the best time exploring in and around Edinburgh and walking up all those hills. It’s definitely my favourite city.
Mine and Connors Birthday
Connors birthday is a day before mine so we planned loads of different celebrations. Firstly we went to the races for Connors birthday, then we went out for drinks with all of our friends as a big group. Then we ended out celebrations with a meal in London. Honestly the best birthday I’ve celebrated.
1 year with Connor
On December 14th Connor and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary and we visited winter wonderland. We went on the big wheel and went in the Magical Kingdom. We had a lovely day and I felt so Christmassy.
At the start of the year in the spring I decided to take a break from my blog, and honestly I wish I never done it. At the time I thought it was a great idea as I didn’t have the time to blog and I had no idea what to post, but looking back on it I regret it because getting back into the swing of blogging is so hard. These past few days I’ve been wanting to blog and I’ve had so many new ideas for posts so I’m so excited to start writing them and get back into the swing of things.
Goals For My Blog
- Make a schedule so I post at least twice a week, 3 times if I can.
- Plan every post so it’s written in the best way possible.
- Make my own website and build my followers.
- Interact with other bloggers and support them.
- Change my blog name because I’m not loving ‘makeupwithshan’. Any suggestions?
New Years Resolutions
- Eat healthy and go to the gym at least 5 times a week. Yes I’m serious about this I really want to lose weight and get healthier. I’ve already signed up to the gym and my membership starts tomorrow, so good luck to me.
2. Use a diary. Every year I buy a new diary, use it for about 2 months then forget about it. So I actually want to keep to it and use it.
3. Stop ordering clothes. Honestly every time I get paid I just make clothes orders online, this is where all of my money goes. I have enough clothes (not enough though).
4. This brings me onto my next resolution, save money. Every single year I say this but honestly I really need to save money this year and I’m getting to the point where I want to get my own place soon so I’m going to need money for that.
And that’s all for this post! Thank you for reading and I hope 2019 is good to you. Happy new year 🤪